The environmental footprint of the event will be minimized through the adoption of environmentally responsible practices, including the following:
- Choice of Hôtel Rimouski, a 4-green-star establishment;
- Promotion, registration and communications by e-mail, Internet or telephone;
- A minimum of paper documents will be distributed at the conference. For example, the summaries of conference presentations will be available on the Web site;
- Only essential documents will be printed; they will be printed doubled-sided on 100% recycled paper;
- Collection of identification cards at the end of the event;
- Choice of local products and services.
The participants are also encouraged to do their part:
- Walk, cycle or take public transit, rather than individual vehicles;
- Turn off the lights and air-conditioning in your hotel rooms when you are out;
- Minimize consumption and recycle as much as possible.
The Coastal Zone Canada Conference 2012 is already done. Many thanks for your participation!
Worthcoming: the Conference statement and Proceeding.